Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Why It Isn't Fun To Play Monopoly.





 I was walking around Toys R' Us (10 years ago) when I saw a glimmering Monopoly Set. 
It was everything I didn't even know I wanted.

It was the Powerpuff Girls Edition.





I (very) obviously had to have it and I begged my mum to buy it for me. I may have even cried, I can't remember. But what I do remember is her driving me all the way to One Utama one night, and me, skipping toward the board game section and picking up my PPG Monopoly set.

Life was good.
I loved my Monopoly Set.

What 10 year old loves Monopoly?  My 10 year old self loved Monopoly.
Especially one with properties like "Pokey Oaks Kindergarten" and "Fuzzy Lumpkins' Cabin"


I made everyone play with me.

It was a dream come true. 


But over the years, somehow or rather, I completely forgot about it.
I know, this is totally the beginning of "saya sebuah set monopoly edisi budak powerpuff" or something.

-


While I was packing to move last year, 
I found my shiny, glimmering PPG Monopoly Set! 
A huge wave of nostalgia swept over me and I was super excited at the promise of rekindling old childhood feelings!


With wide eyes, I opened the box and...



...everything was missing.

The little PPG tokens, the purple and pink Skyscrappers, Fuzzy Lumpkins' cabin, Pokey Oaks, all of em!

All I saw was the board. And really, what was I going to to do with just the board? T.T

After some inner struggle and boxes of 'too much stuff' around my house, I decided to throw it away.


-


Last week, Bob and I set up a booth to sell off antiques and the 'too much stuff' from my house.
Someone was interested in an old board game that we were selling and opened up to inspect the condition of board.



I nearly cried...or had a B.F.


Laying in it's case was the little PPG figurines, the purple and pink skyscrappers, Fuzzy Lumpkins, Pokey Oaks, all of em!


"I'm so sad!!! I THREW AWAY THE BOARD! NOW I HAVE ALL THESE THINGS HERE!"

" I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HERE!"

"WHY DID I THROW MY BOARD AWAY!"

" NOW I'M NEVER GONNA FIND ONE LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN"

"WHYYYY!"

I whine at Bob.
*serious bouts of self hate here*


Curses! 10-year-old self! 
Didn't you know how to put your things back in the right boxes after you play with them!???
(answer is no)


"It's okay...you won't play with it anyway" Bob says.

"But I will!" I say defensively!


"But...Monopoly isn't fun. So boring. But see look at these guys!
*he picks up one of the tokens that we found*





.....now you can play with them like this! So much more fun than playing with the board!" ^^




x







3 comments:

LinkWithin

Disqus!