Saturday, June 7, 2014

Beseech my aching feet for a seat.



I cannot begin to tell you how much I love shoesss!
flats, heels, sandals, peeptoes, maryjanes, slingbacks, boots, wedge, pumps..
they're probably what gets me the most excited.

But I'm also human and I have inner conflicts and all that.
So everytime I see shoes I like, they need to fulfill a certain criteria :

1. they are comfy
2. they will not kill my feet

However, most of my heels don't fulfill number 2...or number 1.
There have been so many times I've hobbled to my car because of my aching feet!

"You see my shoes? They're Rockport, so comfy. You need to buy one like this, it's walking shoe"
my dad told me when I went to buy plasters for my feet while we were in Taipei.

Blablabla dad! shoes are not meant for walking okay? 
They're meant to match with your clothes!
He dunno!

The other day I excitedly put on my new pointed toes and (unexcitedly) received three new blisters
just from walking to the restaurant from my car and back. Curses!

 I was doing my routine hobble to the car last night and I was wondering why I subject myself to this.
All the blisters I get, the cautious walking so I don't trip over tiny pebbles
and the plasters on the back of my heels - Ooooh you know what I'm talking about.

Is all this agony really worth it?






Mmmmhhhh.Yes they are. I'll deal with it.
Style over comfort. Shoes are a serious matter and not something to be toyed with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!