Monday, February 10, 2014

Things you love about Chinese New Year sounds.


Hi guys!
Are you ready for my list of things you love about CNY music...and it's other sounds




1. Chinese New Year music playing everywhere!

If you want to get into whats good for you this year, it's CNY music.
For example! The other day, I was shopping and was about to try some tops and dresses on when it started playing - actually, let's not even use the word "playing" no one ever "plays" CNY music. They "blast" it! - started blasting.

DONG DONG DONG CHIANG DONG DONG DONG CHIANG!!!!

Almost immediately, I put my items back and walked out of the store. Had some indie, pop-ish or heaven forbid Christmas music been playing, I would've walked out of the store with more than a few things.

So there you go, 
CNY music. Helping you save money.


Similarly, I was shopping the other day and honestly, I had a lot to do that day but I was procrastinating. Halfway into my shopping excursion, a group of performers started gong-ing around in the mall - this too, was a blasting sound. Not long after, I decided I wanted to head back and I went home and got productive.

So there you go,
CNY music. Helping you get productive.



2. The abundance of fireworks.

Which goes off on most days, particularly yesterday (Hokkien CNY). Yesterday alone, I heard at least 20 fireworks go off and every other picture on my instagram feed was a picture of fireworks in the night sky......most of the quotes went something like that too.

Not only is it pretty, it also reminds you that it's still CNY...a reminder that comes at about midnight and lasts till about 2 in the morning.

EEEeeeeyeowwww BOOM BOOOM BOOOM BOOM!!!! 
(the sound of fireworks)

CRIAK CRIAK CRIAK CRIAK!!!!!
 (the sound of those sparkler ones)


It's a time you'd want to be awake anyway, you really don't want CNY passing you by without you realizing do you? and how else are you gonna take a picture of the fireworks if not in the middle of the night?

So there you go,
Abundant CNY fireworks, reminding you about tradition and keeping your instagram colourful.

I know what you're thinking! The fireworks are keeping you up all night and you might not be able to wake up early tomorrow morning, this brings us to...



3. The sound of the Lion Dance in the morning

See, that late night of firework gazing wasn't gonna make you oversleep! Because the next day your neighbours having a Lion Dance over at his house, and this wakes you up bright and early!


DONG CHANG DONG CHANG....CHIANG CHIANG CHANG CHIANG CHANG CHIANG!!!!
CHIANG CHIANG CHIANG CHIANG!!!!


If you didn't have to get up early in the morning, well....
Remember that time you promised yourself you'd try to get up earlier on weekends so you'd have a longer day to get more things done? You've been meaning to but you haven't gotten around to it right? Here's the best time to start! It's almost like the wake up call you get from room service!

So there you go,
Clashing cymbals and gongs, making you a more productive (morning) person.

-

That's putting things into perspective huh? 

Haha! But honestly, I do love CNY- even though I had food poisoning for the first few days.
I've only had 2 lou sangs and I haven't been to enough open houses.

Oh! Also Chap Goh Mei is coming! Which is Chinese Valentines, the day we're supposed to throw oranges into the river so that someone can pick it up and call you - and that's how you're supposed to find your soul mate. So, you guys got your oranges ready? *smug* haha!


Happy Chinese New Year guys! Xin Nian Kuai Le.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!