Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The America Diaries x What Mother Says | Episode 4 - P.F. Changs




"Oh look there's a P.F Changs here. We'll go there for dinner" mum says.

What's that?

"It's angmoh Chinese food."
 (American chinese food)

Why do we wanna eat there? o.o

"When I went to visit a friend in San Francisco out of all the places to go, you know where he brought me?
 P.F Changs
When I came back to LA I saw another friend, you know where she brought me?
P.F Changs.
Now we're in Pasadena, you know where I'm gonna bring you? 
P.F Changs."

-

"This place is the atas Chinese food, it's really popular among the Americans.
You notice there are no Chinese in here."

Well yea, if I can eat legit Chinese at home why do I wanna pay to eat American Chinese food?
That's like going into Italiannies and saying there are no Italians in here.

-

What are egg rolls mum? I always hear angmohs talk about it.

"Aiyah it's that roll we always eat, the fried one."

What?! You mean popiah? There isn't even egg in it!

-

In true American Chinese fashion, I got a fortune cookie at the end of my meal!
Btw, everyone knows that fortune cookies are not Chinese right? They were made in California....
just like Chop Suey.



A pony.. Joseph Gordan Levitt...Tom Hiddleston...
..either one on a pony!


1 comment:

  1. hahahaha actually I've always been curious about Chinese food in other countries. I'd totally go for Chinese food in Japan if anyone's willing to bring me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Disqus!