Wednesday, November 13, 2013

TalentCorp | When I grow up...


So, what are you gonna do now?

Everyone was asking me the same question I didn't know the answer to. I had graduated and I had no idea what I wanted to do.


It felt like I didn't know enough about what was going on out there to make a decision this big...and that was a scary feeling.

You know what may have helped me get some idea of what was going on in the big working world? What may have made my leap a little less scary? Something like this :


The Sector Focused Career Fair by Talentcorp, which went on in Shah Alam earlier this month.
The fair focused mainly on Shared Services and Outsourcing (SSO) in industries such as Oil & Gas, Electronics & Electrical, IT, Telecommunication, Biotechnology, Finance, Accounting, Healthcare, Tourism, FMCG and Education.


During the fair there were dialogue sessions where graduates got their questions answered by YB. Senator Dato' Sri Abdul Wahid Omar, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department & BOD of TalentCorp.

Graduates also got to meet with CEOs and HR's from big companies like HP, Shell, BASF, IBM, Kimberly-Clark. Which would be able to give a good idea of what these big companies are looking for in an employee.

SFCF is also a good meeting ground for graduates to meet potential employers. Especially since big companies are always on the hunt for new talent! 

So, if you're a fresh grad you'd wanna check this out! It's a great place to gain exposure and find out about the opportunity that exists in the industries. This would definitely be a help in taking the first big steps into the working world. 

Find out more about SFCF here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!