Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Review of The GM Diet Day 1




Bob and I decided to do the GM Diet.

What's the GM Diet? I honestly have no idea. 
I just went along with whatever it was he was telling me about. A detox is always good anyway.


The first day you only eat fruit and you can have any fruit you want except bananas.
I didn't know it was this intensive when I agreed to it and...well here's how day 1 went.


Since that was all we were going to eat that day, we packed enough fruit for a pot luck.




I was like,
Yea, this isn't gonna be so bad! I'll just keep eating fruit so that I don't give my stomach a chance to get hungry. I'm busy today anyway, so that helps! I just have to survive lunch really.

 I'm sure you guessed how wrong I was because it's not just the hunger,
 fruit doesn't feel like a meal. 

"You're only eating watermelon? Don't you get sick of eating the texture?"

Yea! That's when I move on to pears.





But truly, there's only so many fruits you can eat before you get sick of the sweetness 
and the similar crunch each fruit gives. So I was hungry not because of the lack of fruit but from not wanting to eat so much fruit T.T.

I'm Chinese I need my rice!! 
I eat the fruit on a tiny coloured fork after my meal.
*cries in front of chicken rice*


Bob: 
Oh! We can eat the mango and papaya for dinner! ^^




And let me tell you something sad!
When Bob and I were prepping for Day 2 (which is only fresh/boiled veg), 
I snuck a french bean and declared:

"THIS TASTES SO GOOD! OH MY GOODNESS!!"

We aren't the biggest fans of sweet things and prefer our savouries so this was harddd!


Who eats something sweet for breakfast...and lunch..then dinner? WHY!?

But that isn't the saddest part yet!

Bob: 
*looks at list* 
We're allowed to eat 1 potato tomorrow and they said you can put a dollop of butter on it.
That sounds so good. Sounds so good right? ^^

He doesn't even eat potatoes! What is he saying!

Me: Is this how low we've sunk? Is this how desperate we are!??!?!
*puts french bean in mouth and whole world spins, bursting in technicolour, I'm giddy with joy*

-


Apparently day 1 is the hardest and since I managed that I may as well continue right?
...and wait for the day beef comes into the meal plan.


I'll let you know how this goes

x




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!