Thursday, October 2, 2014

What Mother Says | Mystery Meat Sausage





"Can I have french toast and a side of grilled sausage too?" 
I tell the waitress. Eating breakfast for dinner but whatever! It's my party.


"You know..you should stop eating sausages" mum says.


"Oh? Why?"


"They say it's made out of all the parts that are leftover"


"Yea, I've heard but.. anything la"


".....the ears, she says dramatically, the bones, the fur, the.... hooves!" she says scrunching her hands in a hoof-like-manner.


"So dramatic mother"


"But it's true!"


So my french toast came and I don't know if it was psychological or not, but the sausages tasted odd and I was thinking about all the random mystery meats that were packed into it's edible case. It was the grainy sausage which didn't help it's case (pun unintended).

Okay, maybe should stop eating sausages, I thought to myself


"Let me try some of your french toast" mum said as she picked up the toast and a piece of  sausage along with it.


"How is it?"


"mmmmh" she says cocking her head left to right saying it's so-so.


"So....

are the hooves yummy?" I asked.


To which she replied with an eye roll.



x



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!