Friday, May 2, 2014

What I've learnt during water rationing:



1. It's funny in a non-haha way.

The wind was howling, trees were swaying, branches were falling. If my life was a story, Sir Edward George Earle Bulwer-Lytto would literally begin it with "It was a dark and stormy night".

I was stuck in uni and my car was in the complete opposite direction. I braved the heavy rain and ran into my car (suede shoes getting wet. Curses!) and couldn't wait to go home to take a shower.

When I got home, I found that....there was no water! Curses again!



2. Being polite, isn't really, really being polite.

You know usually when you visit your friends house and you use one of their dishes? A typical conversation goes something like :


Friend : Oh no leave it there! I'll wash it later 
(doesn't really mean it, I always see right through them)

Me : No no! It's fine, very fast, I'm already finished 
(typical dish-washing-person's answer)

And everyone's happy. 
This isn't the case during water rationing. It goes something like this instead :

Friend : Oh no leave it there! I'll wash it later 

Me : No no! It's fine! (trying to be polite)




You better put down that dish in that sink. Water is sacred during this time. 
Just like lions fighting over a carcass. They will attack you.



3. Conversation currency

First it was the haze, now it's rationing. Strike up a convo anywhere. With anyone. At anytime!
How to strike up the convo, in the bank, while waiting in line, or even in the lift:


"Water rationing* these days, terrible ah? The government should so something about it"

*Bolded can also be replaced with haze, crime or traffic jam*




4. Wellies.
I'm actually very sad about my suede shoes and I'm considering wearing Wellingtons around so that I stop killing all my shoes and I'll be fine and dandy when I step in puddles (and laugh at people who do, who didn't have my brilliant idea of wearing Wellies). Is this socially acceptable or will this be frowned upon?






5. This whole post because I'm actually very angry that I keep getting rained on

...and there's no water in my house! Thundering and pouring till it floods but no water in the catchment areas. Curses!



Thanks for drawing this Jian! Story of my life!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!