Thursday, December 12, 2013

The America Diaries | Episode 6 - M&M donuts



"You have to eat M&M donuts it's sooooo good!"

We stood in line half an hour before it opened to get the donuts...and it was cold!
The first 2 times we went, I got sleepy so we headed home. You see, it only opens at night and closes in the wee hours of the morning.




"Why does it take so long?" I grumble.

"There's only one man who makes the donuts and he only has one oven. He bakes it batch by batch."

"I bet he's Chinese"

"How did you know?!"

"Haha because he's stinging on man power and doesn't wanna buy more ovens....
it's okay that I say it, I'm Chinese too"

-

We were the 3rd in line when it opened and waited over an hour!
When we finally got our donuts, I was pretty excited.  Everyone I met was raving about it since I arrived in LA.




I took a bite. 

"Do you like it??" 

A hot fresh-out-of-the-oven donut in the cold weather. It was the best donut I had ever eaten. 
Worth the hour in line, in the cold, in the winter, in the night, freezing. 
It was bliss...




...or it was supposed to be. 

It sat in my mouth, I couldn't swallow it. It was so oily. It was so sticky.
I was really having a hard time here.

"Uhm....it's alright"

Omg this is so gross!! Should I spit it out? 
Should I pretend to drop it??? Or just tell him I want to save it for later?
What do I do with the rest of this in my hand???!!!

"Actually uhm...it's really oily"

"You don't have to finish it, it's okay."

"No it's okay, it's okay"

I took a few more quick bites. 
Squish squish squish. Aghh sooo gross!

I chewed and swallowed as quickly as I could.
Like a band aid. The faster you get it over with, the less you'd taste it. Well..you get what I mean.

Ack ack ack! So gross I can't! I can't!

With every bite, I felt more and more oil gush out of the donut.
Even as I write this, I can almost feel my arteries are cringing at me.

"I can't do this anymore! I really don't like it! I'm really sorry!"

-

When I got back, I told Keane there was a dozen and he could help himself;
even finish it if he wanted. I wasn't going to eat any.

"How can you not like it!?" he was gobsmacked.

"I just don't. It's really oily"

With a donut in hand, he walked by me and said,

"Shame . on . you"



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Disqus!