Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm sorry your life sucks.


When,

The hair salon you want to go to is too far away. I'm sorry your life sucks.
You want to go for a day trip, but it's too long a drive. I'm sorry your life sucks.
There's a party you want to go for but it ends too late. I'm sorry your life sucks.
You have free concert tickets but it's gonna be too crowded. I'm sorry your life sucks.
You're too tired from work to do anything. I'm sorry your life sucks.
You don't have money but are too lazy to work. I'm sorry your life sucks.
You wanna catch a movie but the movie's too long. I'm sorry your life sucks.
You can't fit into your dress but continue eating the chocolate in front of you. I'm sorry your life sucks. 



I haven't the foggiest why it does. No! Why indeed!?
When your life should be bursting with excitement and smelling like endless fun.

Some people are just like that....or rather, most.
They go about their melancholic day wondering why their life is dull, boring, uninteresting...bleh.

Then they realize why! It's because of the environment/conditions they are in!
So they complain about their jobs, about the house they live in, about their country, about the weather, about their finances, about their weight, about how they have nothing to look forward to, about the lack of excitement in their lives.



When you find life dull but do nothing anything about it. I'm sorry your life sucks. 



WHY? Why do we do this?
Especially when there are so many people who literally have nothing!
Who can literally spend the whole day thinking about how their life literally sucks.
Who literally have no money! Literally dying of hunger! Literally have to walk miles to a shit job! (can mean this literally for people who have to literally work around shit)



"omg...she's making this a donate-to-starving-people speech!"
 
..But seriously why!


Why can't we make the most of life and think of all the things we have?
Or take the things we don't like about it and turn it around.
Why don't we go the extra mile or 2 or 3 or 4 to make the most of it? 
Grab life by the neck and embrace the sonnova'!


Great now I'm starting to sound like a hippie. I don't live in a home, I live in the moment. -.-Y


What have you done this year that you can say "I can't believe I did that" to?

Okay I can name one! I helped build a house for Orang Asli.(click) I can't believe I did that.
People who look at me automatically think I hate the outdoors and all I do is shop.
I like the outdoors okay!! but I had to stay near the site in a dorm, away from the comforts of my home, my bed and internet....live with the bugs for 3 days...do physical work in the sun while being covered in dirt, sawdust, sweat and who knows what (and I'm the type of person who washes my hand everytime I pat my dog)... and most of all, I had to PAY to do it.

There were so many factors against me going, but when I really thought about it I wanted to make the most of my free time, I wanted to do something that I haven't done before and I wanted to do it for the people who had little. (I mean, if someone asked me to help build Lim Kok Thay ( Lim Goh Tong's son) a bungalow on the foot of Genting, I'd probably tell the person to fly a kite) And anyway, I'm glad I went! I had fun, more fun that I thought I would, I met new people and I have a "when I was young.." story to tell my grandchildren...and I would go again.



So what I'm saying is, your life is as good as you make it to be. If you can't be bothered to do things, see things or be anywhere then you shouldn't be complaining about it.





When you make excuses because you're too damn lazy
. I'm sorry your life sucks.

1 comment:

  1. i am a medical student, having rounds in the morning and stuff to do super early in the morning, so it kinda sucks, but reading what u wrote straightened my mind a lil bit. n im actually looking forward to make the best out of it and turn it around. but thanks, even if im not sure if it will happen or not. and this is pure randomness. have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Disqus!